Statement - Shan States Army

Shan States Army
Office of Central Command

Statement

We have received news that the United States Embassy has issued a
warning to its citizens not to travel in the Fang and Chiang Rai area as
there is supposed to be danger of being kidnapped by the Shans. We want
to hereby state that we have no such intentions whatsoever and it is a
lie put out by the Burmese regime. The American people are not our
enemies; in fact we are willing to co-operate with the international
community. This is a trick by the Burmese military to destroy our image.
Our struggle is only against the Burmese dictatorship.

Office of Central Command
Shan States Army (SSA)