sharing good merits with the late D

Subject: sharing good merits with the late Dr. Michael Aris

Dear freedom fighters and colleagues

We feel very sorry that Dr. Michael Aris has passed away on 27.3.99.  We
are sure that you all will feel the same way.  According to buddhists'
ritual, we will offer meals and dana to buddhist monks on the 7th day after
the demise and share our good merits with the late Dr. Michael Aris. I hope
you will do good deeds and share your merits with him. It will be good for
him if christians and muslims will pray for him in your respective customs
and rituals. We will refrain from eating meat and be vegetarians on the 7th
day in the hope of strengthening our merits on that day. We will be more
than happy if you do the same all around the world. That's what we can do
for him in return of what he did for us.

Executive Committee
NLD (LA) Australia