BURMA OUT! Copy of Demand to UK Dru

Subject: BURMA OUT! Copy of Demand to UK Drug Czar

BURMA OUT! Copy of Demand to UK Drug Czar

fta of Keith Hellawell.

Dear Keith,

We have been planning a campaign for the exclusion of Burma
from the Sydney 2000 Olympiad for some considerable time.
Yesterday I called your office and spoke to Vincent who
suggested that I send you.

a) Background on myself .
b) The organisation.  Examples of the overall support from
various parts and professions of the international community.
c) An agenda of the questions / points that would be raised
during the requested meeting between us.

This I will now attempt in this fax.

Roger Bunn, creative musician and 87 / 93 press officer for
some of the anti apartheid sports campaigns. Founder of
both one AA sports campaign and of the cultural organisation
JAZZ AGAINST APARTHEID. Responsible for getting Atlanta 96 a
full compliment of nations. Traveled through the mid east,
the USA and "know the ropes" about some large scale drug
activities of state history and on a personal level .

The organisation : Mihra was "ordered" onto the Internet by a
member of the US Admin in 1995. It is now being offered
assistance in this anti drug / human rights campaign by US
government agents, whom we discovered were already in "our
patch" on the Internet.  And administration officials from
both the US and UK Foreign services.

Only last night NOEL REDDING, JIMI HENDRIX bassist called me
in support of this campaign.  And along with the
appreciations of HH, the DALAI LAMA, film maker JOHN PILGER.
This is the kind of prominent person support we can bring to
the media.  Since this campaign went in to operation two
months ago, we have been swamped by incoming mail from
people who believe that "thinking big" would help the
independent anti drug campaigns around the globe.

These people were in search of and in need of a centralisation
of protest and a new direction.

A design wherein people can use their brains and create a
People's War on drugs. To do this means that policy makers
have to design a focus.

It's more than just the Olympiad.  Whereas also yesterday
Lord Avebury suggested that the road to actual Olympic
sanctions is a hard one.  There is not a single person
talking to us who would dispute that having such as a focus
is vital, win or lose.  And that this is in reality, win or

lose, the beginnings of an international and educative focus.
This campaign actually hands the general public, and such as
Aung San Suu Kyi the elected leader of her nation, a weapon
that the people see as more powerful than that being provided
by the states "war on drugs". And I am drawing towards the
conclusion that a Burma Out! delegation could now talk to the
UN in regard to gaining its support.

So the agenda must begin with. How can the state's campaign
find the flexibility to absorb the people's campaign.

We would like to be privy to this governments policies for
the future. And be given some sort of understanding of how
we can assist to broaden horizons to involve the general
publics initial wishes on internationalisation of "people's
war" into a giant lobby and concerted action.

The reasons why this method should be absorbed by your
office? Your forthcoming report in which could be stated that
the anti drug policies of the state (the UK) will suffer as
time goes by from the general publics understanding of the
compromised methods of the DEA in the US and the agency.

Both of which, in relation to anti large scale drugs are now
thoroughly tainted. And if the UK wishes to disassociate
itself with our inept / corrupt cousins in North America and
not pick up flak for being the "same old tune".  Then should
it not find a way to work with this public goodwill treasure
we have discovered by isolating / focusing upon Burma, human
rights and the sort of sanctions that REALLY please the
people?

We have something within this request to your office that is
unique, and could be used with great effect in any Real war
against drugs.  So the above and other issues that develop
from same would be the agenda which on behalf of our
concerned and growing membership and influential friends, I
would bring to the table.

Finally, if your office decides not to cooperate with this
simple strategy, it leaves us no alternative but to consider
and publish that your office does not wish for a Real war,
and (apart from its advertisements) the war that it promotes
is only a war for the employed and elite.

Sincerely.

Roger Bunn            11th April 1999
Follow the appreciations of John Pilger, the Dalai Lama,
prominent musicians and many others.  Support a REAL
war on drugs

Music Industry Human Rights Association

http://www.mihra.org / policy.office@xxxxxxxxx
US Satellite http://www.212.net
click on roger / then click on news desk

Mihra was founded during UN50 to advance and protect
creators rights in a cultural market monopolised by the
recording  / publishing Grand Cartel. Mihra's roots are in
music and anti-racism and it has called for a sports boycott
of Burma for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.

UK webhosting donated by http://www.cerbernet.co.uk
US webhosting donated by http://www.212.net