Riot in Tokyo Concert (r)

Comments:
=========

We strongly protest these kind of violent acts on the slogan chanting
pro-democracy activists committed by the Burmese Embassy staff in Tokyo and
their thugs.

There is no doubt that the acts were criminal in nature. As the Burmese
Embassy represents the SPDC government in Burma, SPDC should take the full
responsibilities and  must allow a full investigation to take place so that
persons who have committed these crminal acts could be punished in
accordance with the law.

We would also like to urge the Burmese Embassador and Japanese Foreing
Ministry to take the matter very seriously and to guarantee that justice
will prevail. We hope this matter will also be taken up at the coming
EU-ASEAN meeting on May 24-26 in Bangkok.

Moreover, if we all Burmese and the world at large allow these kind of acts
to take place in an Embassy environment in a foreign land and let it fade
away unprotested and unchallenged, then there will be not much change we
could hope for in this military regime since the bloody uprising against Ne
Win's regime in 1988.

Could this be a tell-tale sign that SPDC also has much tendency to use
extensive force in dealing with any form of opposition protests inside Burma
when it comes to that? Will the leopard change its spots?

Minn Kyaw Minn