Joint Statement of the 9999 Action

Subject: Joint Statement of the 9999 Action committee and ABBESU.

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BEA668.B764D1C0

Joint Statement of the 9999 Action Committee (Thailand) and ABBESU=20

on the military regime's critism on US sanctions and=20

indecent treatment on democratic activists in Tokyo.=20

Date: 25th, May 1999.=20

We have strongly condemned and denounced the military Junta's criticism =
on US Sanction and using Buddhism as a tool in politic and insulting 47 =
million of Buddhists and Buddhists.=20

On May 21, Myanmar ambassador to Japan Khin Maung Thein criticized U.S. =
sanctions on Burma, saying the move was not to the advantage of either =
nation and said that ``the government may be a military junta, but they =
are also Buddhists, guided by the principles of love and compassion.''=20

That criticism is absolutely irresponsible and totally insult the 47 =
millions of Burmese people under repression and human rights abuse by =
military regime.=20

Are Repression and Human Rights abuse done according to the Buddhism =
principles of love and compassion?=20

    a.. The military regime has broken the Buddhism principles of "Not =
to kill" and they have killed thousands of people.=20
   =20
   =20
    b.. The military regime has broken the Buddhism principles of "Not =
to lie", they have lie to the whole world and international community =
that there was no human right abuse in Burma. Now, UN has already =
approved on the documents of the human rights abuses in Burma. They had =
promised to the 47 million of Burmese people that they will hand over =
the power to the elected party. Now, they have been refusing to hand =
over the power even NLD win more than 90% of votes in 1990 election in =
Burma for nine years already. Besides there are too many other lies to =
describe on this statement.=20
   =20
   =20
    c.. The military junta has broken the Buddhism principles of "Not to =
steal", they have been confiscated people's belonging, lands and houses =
in the country sides.=20
   =20
   =20
    d.. The soldiers of the military junta have broken the Buddhism =
principles of "Not to abuse other people's daughters and wives", they =
have been raping many ethnic minority girls and women.(There are =
thousands of evidences and reports)
   =20
    We remember that military junta have refused to accept that "Buddha =
is an Ordinary human Being", a word of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. How they =
dare to say that they are Buddhists, without knowing that who is Buddha =
and where he came from.=20

We want to demand the military regime, fake Buddhists, that:=20

"Stop misusing Buddhism as a political tool".

We also denounce the MIS and Burmese embassy staff in Tokyo for their =
rude and inhuman treatment on Burmese democracy activists in the Tokyo =
embassy. They have beaten the Dr. Khin Maung Oo(NLD-LA Japan) and Mr. =
Myo Min Htun at a concert in Burmese embassy in Tokyo. We believe that =
this treatment is also another Human Rights abuse and misusing Embassy =
Immunity as "a right to convict criminals".=20

9999 Action Committee (Thailand)=20

All Burma Basic Education Students' Union.

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BEA668.B764D1C0

Joint Statement of the 9999 Action Committee = (Thailand) and=20 ABBESU

on the military regime's critism on US sanctions and =

indecent treatment on democratic activists in=20 Tokyo.

Date: 25th, May = 1999.

We have strongly condemned and denounced the military = Junta's=20
criticism on
US Sanction and using Buddhism as a tool in politic and = insulting=20 47
million of Buddhists and = Buddhists.

On May 21, Myanmar ambassador to Japan Khin Maung = Thein=20 criticized U.S.
sanctions on Burma, saying the move was not to the = advantage of=20 either
nation and said that ``the government may be a military junta, = but they=20
are also Buddhists, guided by the principles of love and compassion.'' =

That criticism is absolutely irresponsible and = totally insult=20 the 47
millions of Burmese people under repression and human rights = abuse by=20
military regime.

Are Repression and Human Rights abuse done according = to the=20 Buddhism
principles of love and compassion?
    * The military regime has broken the Buddhism principles of = "Not to=20
    kill" and they have killed thousands of=20 people.
    * The military regime has broken the Buddhism principles of = "Not to=20
    lie", they have lie to the whole world and international = community
    that=20 there was no human right abuse in Burma. Now, UN has already =
    approved on the=20 documents of the human rights abuses in Burma. They had
    promised to = the 47=20 million of Burmese people that they will hand over
    the power to the = elected=20 party. Now, they have been refusing to hand
    over the power even NLD = win more=20 than 90% of votes in 1990
election in
    Burma for nine years already. = Besides=20 there are too many other
lies to
    describe on this=20 statement.

    * The military junta has broken the Buddhism principles of = "Not to=20
    steal", they have been confiscated people's belonging, lands = and
    houses=20 in the country sides.

    * The soldiers of the military junta have broken the Buddhism =
    principles=20 of "Not to abuse other people's daughters and wives", they =
    have=20 been raping many ethnic minority girls and women.(There are =
    thousands of=20 evidences and reports)
We remember that military junta have refused to = accept that=20 "Buddha is an
Ordinary human Being", a word of Daw Aung San = Suu Kyi.=20 How they dare to
say that they are Buddhists, without knowing that who = is Buddha=20 and where
he came from.

We want to demand the military regime, fake = Buddhists, that:=20

"Stop misusing Buddhism as a political=20 tool".

We also denounce the MIS and Burmese embassy staff in = Tokyo for=20 their
rude
and inhuman treatment on Burmese democracy activists in the = Tokyo=20
embassy.
They have beaten the Dr. Khin Maung Oo(NLD-LA Japan) and Mr. = Myo Min=20 Htun
at a concert in Burmese embassy in Tokyo. We believe that this = treatment
is=20 also another Human Rights abuse and misusing Embassy Immunity as "a =
right=20 to convict criminals".

9999 Action Committee = (Thailand)

All Burma Basic Education Students'=20 Union.
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BEA668.B764D1C0--