THREE SOCIAL CLASSES IN BURMA [Part

Subject: THREE SOCIAL CLASSES IN BURMA [Part 1]

THREE SOCIAL CLASSES IN BURMA [Part 1]
By Julien Moe
9thn June 1999

There have been three social classes in Burma since the military government
seized power in 1988. After the coup, many of the state- owned businesses
were privatised and bussinesses became properties of the military officials
and some well-to-do people. Civil servants, farmers and workers are the
third social class who barely afford just  to live a day-to-day life.

The first  social class in Burma is the military officials who can afford
anything and who have access to luxury. An associate who visited Rangoon
explains about the military calss in Rangoon. The author's name is to be
kept anonymous for obvious reasons.

Dear Julien,

	Thank you so much for all your updated news . I hope that you can send
all the news continuously .
	I just came back from Rangoon 2 days ago . There are lots of changes
compare to 7 years ago . But , I saw majority of Burmese are poorer
than my first visit.
	I met a general's son at a pub , the place for all rich generals' sons
, daughters and their group .( I think normal people can't afford to
go). This guy brought me to a brothel the next day . Although he is
seventeen, he can drive the car(Pajero) . Do you know where the brothel
is located ? It's in the generals' village ( Bogyoke Ywa) . There is a
big signboard(--------Co. Ltd.)infront of the house . When I entered ,
I found some burmese girls . Most of them are not as friendly as the
girls who sell vegetables in the market.
	I realized that they were forced to be a prostitute. the thing that
make me surprised was the owner of the hose and brothel is One of the
generals from SLORC . Frankly, I didn't touch any girls at all .
	The third day, the same guy brought me to a hotel along the high way
to Pegu . It's called Dollar Hotel.
Then , I went to Pegu to meet my former classmate who studied in
Singapore before. Owing to my friend, generals and the
mistresses(actress, singers) always go to this hotel . What the hell is
going on ? The images of Such a beautiful country, rich country, were
ruined by generals . I have decided that I will not go to Burma anymore
 . I will wait until Daw Suu become the President of Burma .

[Name  witheld]

To Be Continued/////