OSS recruited agents to spy on diss

Subject: OSS recruited agents to spy on dissident groups in D.C. and New

York City
To: burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx

The Military Elite Class :How new agents are recruited and Bonuses for
intelligence officers
By Julien Moe
6/11/99

OSS is now a few years old.Colonel Hla Min works for OSS, that is, Office of
Strategic  Studies , the latest intelligence appratus of the generals' club.
He was demoted by the generals after the trip to Japan. No wonder we have
not heard loads about him these days. These days his  responsibilities are
no more than  faxing  press releases to news agencies like AFP,Reuters,
AP,etc. His brother-in-law in Philadelphia informed me how the Colonel has
been downcast these days.His brother-in-law  in Philadelphia was apponited
an intelligence officer  to collect information on the dissident groups in
Washington D.C. When monitoring his phone line, Col. Hla Min seems to be in
constant contact with him to be sure he watch certain individuals in New
York. He's now holding a captain's position as an intelligence officer who
told me he received 5 million Kyats as a bonus from the generals' club. If a
captain received 5 million Kyats from the government, how much would a
Colonel receive as a bonus? The military intelligence appratus in Rangoon
recruits agents from their background,for example , the agent I'm talking
about now is related to Colonel Hla Min. He has never been in the army but
he's  still a captain.

To be continued.......