FRENCH UNIVERSITIES AND RANGOON INS

Subject: Re: FRENCH UNIVERSITIES AND RANGOON INSTITUTES' MEDICAL STUDENT          EXCHANGE

Dear Marilyn,
                    Well,well,well,  is the military government supposed to
be thanked for that?No matter what, political change first! If a government
policy is supported by the educated class, it's surely going to be a big
impact on society. But this is a government that has shut down schools and
universities for almost a decade and the students are now abusing drugs as a
result.

Let me tell you one of my experiences. When I was in Burma , I used to teach
EFL and ESL to scholars going abroad and my students included medical
students from Final part 1 and 2. Medical institutes were suspended and one
of my students , who I knew  as an outstanding student, became a drug addict
who injected pure heroine on a daily basis.

Yes, a student exchange programme now?My former student is probably  dying
of AIDS by now.
Be realistic! No matter what your view is, it's so pro-SPDC and for sure I
don't have to label you as a military sympathiser. It goes without
saying.....!!!

Why don't you also tell your Aussie government to have such educational
programmes with SPDC?Leave educational programmes alone.  SPDC is such a
government that  doesn't  even procrastinate to take credits   for building
bridges.

Express yourself,anyway!

Sincerely,

For A Free Burma,

Julien Moe

Marilyn wrote:
>     I can see where Julian Moe is coming from in his recent posting, but
>     is it possible to be too one-eyed?  Anything which can enhance
>     medical knowledge in Burma, must surely be seen as a plus.

Julien Moe wrote:

EST-CE QUE LA VIE EST TROP COURTE POUR NE PAS PRECONISER LE REGIME MILITAIRE ?

IS LIFE TOO SHORT NOT TO SUPPORT THE MILITARY REGIME?
By Julien Moe
6/15/99
In May the government in Rangoon sent a delegation who are medical doctors
to France to set up student exchange programmes. It is reported that the
delegation accomplished the goal and French universities and Medical
Insitutes in Rangoon will be having student exchange programmes in the near
future. The French government and the French Ministry of Education that
permit such programmes with such a ruthless regime in Rangoon should be
ashamed of themselves. Dealing with such a military government that is
continuously violating human rights and individual rights of the Burmese
citizens is indirectly supporting the junta to keep on hanging in there for

more oppression and human rights violation.