The idea behind the invitation of M

Subject: The idea behind the invitation of Mandela to the Junta

Dear Burmese Students and Pro-democracy groups,

This is my opinion on the invitation of Mandela to the Burmese
militaryjunta.

Khin Nyunt, Intelligence chief of Burmese military government attends
the inauguration of incoming president Thabo Mbeki, invited by South
African president Nelson Mandela, Nobel Peace Prizewinner.
It is very interesting for not only the military junta but also
democratic forces. Because, President Mandela invited to the Burmese
junta when the international are putting pressure and condemning on the
military government for the record of their human rights violation on
its own people.

Mandela knew the results of its achievement by reconciliation between
White and Black people. He understood that although international put
any kind of pressures on the Burmese military government to change the
country ruling system, the military junta ignored those. The Burmese
military junta did not care any pressure. That is why international
started reconciliation in many way on the Burmese military government.

According to the experience of Mandela, I believe that he will never
invite to the military government without reason. He must have some
ideas which intends for democracy in Burma.

So, what is the idea behind the invitation to the Burmese junta?

Now, Mandela invited to the Burmese military government to attend the
inauguration of incoming president. I think Mandela may not say
anything about Burma when Khin Nyunt arrived in South Africa. Because
nothing saying has full of meaning. He may explain only about how could
South Africa get freedom and how could South Africa conciliate with the
cruel white government even they have resentment on the white people.

May be Mandela will let Khin Nyunt meet with F De Clerk, who was a
dictator and they may explain to Khin Nyunt that how could they create
South Africa as a freedom country together. I think after Khin Nyunt
met them, he will have to put in his mind a thought that power will
never exist at a person or a government forever. Later on, Mandela may
request to visit to Burma and try to meet the military authorities and
Aung San Suu Kyi for reconciliation after Khin Nyunt have backed to
Burma. Because no any Nobel Peace winner allowed to enter to Burma.

Now, the Burmese military authorities were tied  by the Mandela's
invitation that they can not turn down the invitation of Mandela's
request to visit to Burma. Mandela builds up a mutual relationship with
the Burmese military authorities so that he can be a negotiator between
the pro-democracy groups and the Burmese military junta.

Jay Shay
Bangkok