CRPP Notification 37 (translation) (r)

------=_NextPart_000_2be63b4e_37e36b17$76ef050c

Committee representing members of People's Parliament elected in the 1990
multi-party general elections (Committee representing People's Parliament)

NOTIFICATION 37( 6/99) (translation)

Contents of letter from NLD Rangoon Division, Mingaladon township
organising committee to the Chairman, NLD concerning ex-NLD members U
Kyi Win and U Tin Tun Maung are published for information.

" (START)

1. x x x x x We are aware that the activities of U Than Tun
(Dedaye),  and Pyithu Hluttaw representatives U Kyi Win (Mingaladon 1)
and U Tin Tun Maung (Mingaladon 2) have been strongly denounced because
of their joint attempt to undermine the unity of the League.  Our
township committee does not in any way support the actions of U Kyi Win
and Tin Tun Maung and fully endorse the condemnation expressed by the
CRPP (Committee Representing the Peoples Parliament) in its
notification.

2. 	This committee disassociates itself with the wrong steps taken by U
Kyi Win and U Tin Tun Maung to cause disunity and disloyalty. They acted
on their own and we hereby denounce them for this.

3.  	The Central Committee's directive advising the temporary suspension
of responsibilities previously given to them and the notice that 18
representatives (including U Kyi Win and U Tin Tun Maung) no longer
represent the National League for Democracy is fully endorsed by us.
The township organizing committee has also terminated all
responsibilities previously given to them.

4.  	This township organizing committee categorically affirms its support
for the convening of the Pyithu Hluttaw, the Committee representing the
Peoples Parliament (CRPP), and all the performances of the Central
Executive Committee.  We respectfully submit that we have complete trust
in our leaders and that we  accept their direction for the attainment of
democracy which we will faithfully follow.

5.  	This letter expresses the attitude of the members of the National
League for Democracy Mingaladon Township Organising Committee. (END) "

Committee rerpresenting People?s Parliament

Rangoon
23 June 1999.

(Responsibility for distribution and publication is taken by the NLD).