From MIZZIMA News Group (r)

Burmese Blood Donation for Indian Soldiers

By Our Staff Reporter
New Delhi

In a rare gesture of solidarity with India in the wake of Kargil
conflict in Kashmir, the Burmese refugee community in India has planned
to organize a blood donation camp in New Delhi on 7th July. Total
forty-one Burmese pro-democracy activists who are taking shelter in
India have already registered with the camp coordinator to donate blood.

7th July is one of the remarkable days for the democratic forces of
Burma. On that day of last 37 years, the Burmese military government led
by General Ne Win dynamited the historic Students Union building in the
Rangoon University, killing hundreds of students demonstrators who are
trapped inside the building.

?By donating our blood for the injured Indian soldiers in the Kargil,
Burmese refugee community in India wish to express our solidarity with
the government, the people and the soldiers of India who are sacrificing
their lives in Kargil to regain and protect India?s territory?, said a
release from the Burmese Community Resource Centre.

India is currently engaging fierce fighting with ?Pakistan-backed
intruders? in the Kargil and Dras sectors in Kashmir.

MIZZIMA News Group