Mailbag:On Taxes Collected by the B

Subject: Mailbag:On Taxes Collected by the Burmese Embassies/A Singaporean

Experience [ July 1st 1999]
To: burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Julien ,

	How are you? As for me, I am not feeling well .
I have heard lots of funny news about the Burmese Embassy in Singapore.
	I went to my aunty's house last night and I met a Burmese guy . He is
working in Singapore . He wanted to go back to Burma because his dad
was in critical condition . I have already known about paying tax
before go back to Burma .
	Do you know that he has to wake up at 5am to go to the  Embassy? Because, the
first secretary ( I have heard that he is the son-in- law of the Mayor
of Rangoon) allows twenty people a day for taking the hard earned money from
the hardworking Burmese people..(Isn't it cruel? I knew that if the person
won't give the tax, they
can't come back to Burma).According to what he said some people even
sleep along the corridor of Embassy(just for paying $40/- a month) .
Do you need to give tax ?
	I have lots of friends from South East Asian countries. All of them are
not required  to pay tax to their government for  passport renewal
and can go back any time to their motherland. It is a sad story for our
Burmese people. No wonder many Burmese do not hesitate to take other
nations' citizenship.

Tom