Call for fair, equitable and proper

Subject: Call for fair, equitable and proper address: attention to Mr.

MartinSmith
To: silkworm@xxxxxxxxx, DTS <sayagyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mr. Martin Smith
C/o Silkworm Books
54/1 Sridonchai Road, Chang Mai 50100, Thailand
silkworm@xxxxxxxxx
Re: To second the call for fair, equitable and proper address
    to the National Leader of Burma, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi

Dear Mr. Martin Smith,
I hereby second the call from Dr. Tint Swe (see the forwarded e-mail)
to improve your way in addressing the name of the National Leader,
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi of Burma.

It was definitely improper, unfair and *a wilful insult* that you
wrote the Burmese National Leader's name as "Daw Suu Kyi" on
page # 19, 23, and 47 {in your article, "Ethnic Conflict and the
Challenge of Civil Society in Burma"} of the book entitled
"Strengthening Civil Society in Burma" published by Silkworm
Books.
I, for one, and also on behalf of the Burmese intellectual-
indigenous community, demand your explanation as well as a
correction on this matter.

Sincerely,

Dr. Khin Ni Ni Thein
WRTC
The Water, Research and Training Centre (WRTC) for a new Burma is
a non-governmental, non-profit, educational foundation, explicitly
apolitical in nature, working for the Burmese peoples by promoting
and improving their access to research and training opportunities
and education in the water and rural sector in Burma and abroad.
P.O. Box 118, 2600 AC Delft, The Netherlands.

http://wrtcburma.org
Tel. +31-15-2151814, Fax +31-15-214 39 22, E-mail nin@xxxxxx