AOL Chooses, Then Deletes Burma Jun (r)

Subject: Re: AOL Chooses, Then Deletes Burma Junta Web Page

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 OKKAR66129@xxxxxxx wrote:

> This is the sample of how the so-called Burma activists are practising free
> and fair expressing in the Internet.

Excuse me, are you the OSS member who uses the internet constantly, while
denying the Burmese people the right to do the same?

> These activists were feedig the world with one-sided and very biased
> informations at least 2 years ahead of their opponents by using e-mail
> facility.

I believe that you are referring to the newspaper, wire service, UN, ILO,
government, NGO reports that democracy supporters have posted to the net.
To you, that is "one side."  You post NLM articles.  To you, that is
"balanced."  Duh.

> When their opponents are countering some measurements to balance the news
> these activists can not allow free expression while the  are shouting aloud
> for free expression.

Don't be a fool.  You are still free to express yourself, aren't you?  But
a commercial company that promotes communication was itself appalled when
it looked more closely at your propaganda page.  It wanted nothing to do
with promoting your pathetic propaganda.  That makes you sad.  Too bad.
Why don't you go back and convince AOL that you are legit.  Good luck.

> For those who want the truths of our country are cordially invited to write
> "myanmar-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx" and subscribe Myanmar Information list.

It's a fine idea to subscribe to that, though truthfully it is 99% the
same old stuff that you post to burmanet(l and 2), maykha and scb.

> The subscribers of the Myanmar Information list are free to post their
> and news to the list regardless of pro-democracy or pro-SPDC.

Big deal.  You can do the same in burmanet 2, maykha and scb.  More
important, Burmese cannot speak or publish "news regardless of
pro-democracy or pro-(junta)" in your unfortunate dictatorship.  If you
gave them that right, your whining would be a little less laughable.