[burmanet2-l] PEACE OR VIOLENCE AT

Subject: Re: [burmanet2-l] PEACE OR VIOLENCE AT  THE EXPENSE OF THE

INNOCENT BLOOD
To: moe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Julien Moe), burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx

At 02:03 PM 8/19/99 -0400, Julien Moe wrote:
> PEACE OR VIOLENCE AT  THE EXPENSE OF THE INNOCENT BLOOD

>Although today peace between all states prevail, another deadly conflict is
>likely to occur provided that the regime does not give in.  Another uprising
>would cost SPDC tighter sanctions and worsened economic hardship and SPDC
>woulkd lose face on the world's political stage. It would cost the nation
>innocent blood. Impeccable students will die whereas
>selfish Burmese politicians abroad,  who have no policy and no strategy  to
>influence the Burmese situation  but just know  only how to issue statements
>on anniversary days, have a craving to  watch the bloodshed and hail the
>event afterwards.

I am sorry to see you losing heart at this critical juncture, Julien.  Yes,
there is a kind of peace today in Burma.  It is the peace of the graveyard.
 It is the peace of silent, bitter submission to overwhelming force.  It is
the peace of despair and hopelessness.  Surely you are not recommending
this sort of peace to us?

There are certainly opportunistic politicians, just as there are
opportunistic teachers, lawyers, and even clergymen.  Joining the democracy
movement does not automatically make one a saint.  But there is no
compromising with tyranny, lad.  Either one submits, or one resists.  This
is a decision each of us makes alone, no need to point the finger at
others' weaknesses in order to justify your own.

>Peace talks with NLD would produce a calm and peaceful domestic and
>international climate that will make nations ponder about the sanctions that
>must be lifted later.That surely will pave the way for economic stability
>and later to progress.

SPDC should no longer give
>priorities to personal interests over the talks but ought to try to resolve
>the overdue issue with mutual understanding and good will for the future of
>the nation. Instead of saying "No" to dialogues demanded by NLD, the regime
>should listen to what NLD has to say. From there th future could be
>auspicious for both parties. To achieve peace  in Burma ,  SPDC must
>reconcile with NLD.

Wake up, brother, and quit moping.  Haven't you got the point yet?  It's
been 37 years.  These bastards are not listening, have never listened, and
will never listen.  Do you have something to say, or do you just want to
make your heartaches public knowledge?

But should peace be restored at the expense of the
>innocent blood, the blood of the students?

Hey, if you know another way, please tell us.  But if you dont, then get
out of the way.  There is a war going on, pal, and I want the better side
to win.