Nine questions to her father, Gener (r)

Subject: Re: Nine questions to her father, General Aung San

Dear Sai Kyaw Sein,

My name is Khin Ni Ni Thein. I think I can answer your questions in
short forms. If you need lengthy explanations, please send me a direct
e-mail. My e-mail address is <nin@xxxxxx>.

First part, I will add my own opinion to your list of opinions about Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi.

(yours) Daw Aung San Suu Kyi has been calling the international society
        to "stop" investment in Myanmar.

(mine) Daw Aung San Suu Kyi has been calling the international society
       to "halt" investment in Myanmar till the situation improves.

       (The reason is - to start a dialogue with the military
        junta who constantly refused/still refuses to get a
        meaningful conversation. Moreover, when military's wish to
        exclude her at the dialogue table it has been granted by her
        own good will. Nobody from pro-democracy side wants to give in
        with such (the military's) demand. But she herself publicly
        said that she doesn't mind to be excluded. She wants to cut
        short the suffering time of the grassroots people not the
        other way around. She has proven it. Please try to understand
        that. If you need help or more explanation, call me at
        +31-15-2151814 at office hours. OK? We ought to understand
        the overview of the whole situation and be fair to both sides.
        Don't speak one sided.
        Give credit to those/where credit is due.)

(yours) Daw Aung San Suu Kyi supports the use of economic sanctions
        and isolation to force Myanmar government to hand over power
        to NLD.

(mine) Daw Aung San Suu Kyi have tried and apparently failed to
       get dialogue with the military junta. It seems to me and also
       to the others (as unbiased observers) that if one has to use
       the political means (Daw ASSK or anyone who is in her pair of
       shoes/slippers) 'the economic-sanction-call combined with an
       open outlet' is the only option left. This is exactly what
       she does. She also doesn't totally shut out other's initiatives
       such as ICRC's, UNDP's. In one of her interviews, she said
       "Please engage with us" (You can ask me a copy if you like).

       As far as I can see and recognize she doesn't isolate the
       country. On the contrary, she gave interviews (though these
       were not allowed) and also leave the door open for negotiation.
       If you need detail elaborations on specific topics and specific
       points which I shall provide you, please do not hesitate to ask.
       For example her suggestions on UNDP's Human Development
       Projects, I can provide you with the direct quotations as
       well as my lecture.

(yours) Daw Aung San Suu Kyi rejected even the humanitarian aid of the
        international society to Myanmar people.
(mine)  Daw Aung San Suu Kyi did not (never) reject the humanitarian
        aid of the international society to Myanmar/Burmese people.
        The word 'reject' doesn't justify the action she took.
        She 'highlighted' the situation and 'pointed out' the way
        HOW donors can reach the real grassroots Myanmar/Burmese
        people. Here the keyword is HOW.

(yours) Now, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi blasted the foreign tourists in
        Myanmar.
(mine)  Daw Aung San Suu Kyi did not blasted, but, explained and
        highlighted the different categories of tourists in
        Myanmar/Burma. Further, she gave the trade off; advantages
        and disadvantages of 'the tourist industry' vs various
        stakeholders of the country. It is a clear picture of the
        winning-stakeholders and the losing-stakeholders among all
        stakeholders of the country.

(yours) Then, Daw  Aung San Suu Kyi hits out at Australia's approach
        to improving human rights conditions in Myanmar.
(mine)  Daw Aung San Suu Kyi expressed her opinion and gave her input
        upon which 'Australia's approach to improving human rights
        conditions in Myanmar' can be improved. There is room for
        further improvements. That's what she pointed out.

You wrote:
#> As a Myanmar citizen, it is very difficult to understand her.

I understand your difficulty. I am here to help you. The difficulty
lessen when the 'individual intellectual-capacity' increases. What you
are doing right now is increasing your understanding capacity by asking
questions. Please keep up with your good work. Go on asking questions.
Let us give you feedback.

Let me answer your questions on behalf of Bogyoke Aung San.
Q(1) What is the true aim of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi?
A(1) To help Burma and its people out of the misery and suffering.

Q(2) Is her true aim to give the sadness to Myanmar people?
A(2) No, she never gives sadness but hope. She is a voice of hope.

Q(3) Is her true aim to destroy the country, Myanmar?
A(3) No, definitely not. On the contrary.

Q(4) Is her true aim to be become a PRESIDENT of Myanmar?
A(4) No, this is not true too.

Q(5) Does she really want to see the development of Myanmar?
A(5) Yes, she does. As much as you do. Some times more.

Q(6) Does she really want to feel the happiness of Myanmar people?
A(6) Yes, she surely wants. In fact it was proven in many ways.
     That's why she sacrifices/ continue sacrificing her
     own rights for others.

Q(7) Does she really love the country, Myanmar?
A(7) Yes, she surely does. As much as you do. Some times more.

Q(8) Does she really love Myanmar people?
A(8) Definitely and absolutely. As much as you do. Some times more.

Q(9) Are you proud of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi as your daughter.
Q(9) Yes, I do. My only regret is that I did not make 10 daughters
     like her. In fact I could. I should have done it.

> Moreover, I want to ask only one question to all of the
  so-called BURMA  DISSENTS IN EXILE.*
> (1)  Do you feel happiness when Daw Aung San Suu Kyi rejects all of the
> foreign countries' aid and support to Myanmar people( not to Myanmar
> government) ?

If you have read the above, the only thing I shall add to answer the
last question is the following.

What Daw Aung San Suu Kyi did concerning foreign aid and support is
that explaining the distinction between Myanmar/Burmese military Junta
and the Myanmar/Burmese people.

Once you are able to grasp the distinction between two
definitions, (a)what is Myanmar/Burmese military Junta and
(b) what is the Myanmar/Burmese people, you will have more advanced
questions such as what is government? what is elected government?
what is good governance? Are all governments in the world live up to
the norm of good governance? By the way, what are the norms? etc.

With metta,
Dr. Khin Ni Ni Thein
WRTC
The Water, Research and Training Centre (WRTC) for a new Burma is
a non-governmental, non-profit, educational foundation, explicitly
apolitical in nature, working for the Burmese peoples by promoting
and improving their access to research and training opportunities
and education in the water and rural sector in Burma and abroad.
P.O. Box 118, 2600 AC Delft, The Netherlands.
http://wrtcburma.org
Tel. +31-15-2151814, Fax +31-15-214 39 22, E-mail nin@xxxxxx