MAILBAG:assorted 29th august 1999

MAILBAG: ASSORTED

1/ FREEDOM FROM FEAR
My dear Julien,

Jean makes a number of assumptions.

            Why should we fear?
            Who should we fear?
            We are already ina free country

If these statements are taken as they stand, one must conclude Jean lives in
a country
that allows a free debate of the issues.  In the country in which I happen
to live the
answers are simple.

            Why - there are many how look to stifle an open dialogue.
            Who - the answer should be quite obvious.
            Free? - I dont' live there - USA?

Jean does nothing but validate my original position - anonymity is
important.

Everyone wants to see democracy ascend.  Some do it from the US, others
chose another path.

An apology would be appreciated, but is not expected.

sandman
_______________
RE:BURMESE EXPERIENCE
Julien!
Thanks for posting that very sad and painful tale.  It outrages me.
General Aung San's prophetic words are coming true.  "We are becoming a
nation of prostitutes."  He really meant intellectually when he was
speaking, but now it is becoming physically as well.  Reports like these
can go on anonymously provided you know the reporter's real name and
trust his/her credibility.

Go ahead and post this, with my real name.  Best wishes.  Fight on the
good fight, my brother.

U [DELETED]
--------------------
RE:Julien Moe's Postings

Dear Mr. Julian Moe,
Thank you very much for having included me in your e-mail list. Of late I
have found that your trying to help your country has been more and more
negative every day. I think what you have been doing is your internal way of
solving your country complex problem and I am in no position to help you. I
do have different views from yours, mind is hoping that the people of Burma
can forget sometime their interest, their conviction their views and their
"SELF"s and start to do something positive to  the people of Burma for a
change. I always have a motto that " let's forget the personalities and get
down to business". I know that this might not be the same as what your motto
is. From the years that I have observed Burma I have found very little that
is positive. It is sad. Be APYUTHA BO, positive for a change and something
might be right for Burma. This is why I write to you so that you can delete
me from your mailing list. That is until there is Apyithabo in your country,
and if there is anything a citizen of a good neighbor ing country can do to
help the poor people of Burma to prosper, not livoing in a pathetic poverty
like today, because all concern are negative about other Burma opposite of
him or her.
Until then, good luck, thank you for the past mail.
xbangkok
_________