Excerpts of 9999 Letter Campaign Ap

Subject: Excerpts of 9999 Letter Campaign Appeal to Chirac/France 9999

Thank you friends, activists and readers for your participation. Here
speak out, and join some of your brothers and sisters who already have,
to let French President Jacques Chirac, hear your voice, the voice of
Free Burma.

Here are excerpts of some responses already received. It is hoped these
demonstrative letters will help you help all of us in sending a brief
call for freedom to Halt/Stop/Freeze/Abandon/Shut Down - whatever words
you care to use,
the TOTAL YADANA DEVELOPMENT PROJECT PIPELINE
now used as a spearhead against the oppressed people of Burma.

Please do it now. Please remember that excerpts of your letters will be
edited for inclusion in a book on TOTAL to be distributed throughout
France and French language speaking countries. Metta, ds

Deadline 9-6-99

++++++++++++++++
from Indiana <bina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> M. Jacques Chirac
> President de la Cinquieme Republique
> Palais de l'Elysee
> Paris, France
>
> Cher M. le President,
>
> The world expects that the nation that gave birth to Charlemagne, Jean
D'Arc, Voltaire, Descartes, and Rousseau will support the valiant struggle
of the students and workers of Burma to bring democracy to the enslaved
masses of their country on the ninth of September, 1999.

> The world expects that the nation that suffered under the Nazi military
boot, and then with Gen. Charles de Gaulle mounted a successful resistance
movement against those tyrants, will clearly condemn the clique of military
generals who have been abusing Burma and its citizens for their own devious
ends, and who are without honor in a world that must no longer tolerate
inhuman behavior.

> The world expects that France today will place herself squarely on the
side of democracy and human rights by supporting the democratically elected
Burmese Parliament in the form of the CRPP, the NLD party itself, and its
noble leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, against the modern-day fascism that
masquerades as the hated "State Peace and Development Council" of Burma.

> The world looks to France, cher M. le President, to represent all that is
great and good and glorious in human history, by taking the courageous
action necessary to prohibit French commerce, notably by the French oil
conglomerate TOTAL, with the thieving, ignorant usurpers who hold the seat
of government in Rangoon by sheer force of arms alone.

> The freedom-loving people of the world petition you, M. le President, to
support the cause of Burmese liberty, in the name of the Republic of France.

> Sincerely yours,
>
> John Indiana
>
> address:  BINA, Box 71, Mae Sot Post Office, Tak 63110, Thailand
+++++++
from <mthan@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> PRESIDENT JACQUES CHIRAC
> ELYSEE PALACE
> PARIS, FRANCE
>
> Dear Mr. President,
>
> May I make a solemn appeal to you on behalf of all the people of Burma
> who are being grossly oppressed by the Burmese Military Regime for so
> long.

> I  believe you can see clearly how the people of Burma have gone through
> the  pains and agonies under this brutal regime.  Compared to Nazi
> German occupation of France, Burmese Military Regime is far worse than
the Nazi
> soldiers.
>
> To make way for Total Energy Company's construction of gas pipe line,
> many villagers in southern Burma were forced to relocate without
> compansation,many were and are conscripted as forced laborers, many have
been
> tortureed,raped and killed.  Many villages have been razed to the ground.
 There
> is no single Government in the world today that institutionally and
systematically
> enslave its own people, but the Burmese Military regime.
>
> As Total have joint venture with the Burmese Military Regime, Total is
> most responsible not only for the sufferings of the Burmese indigenous
people
> of Mons, Karens, and the Tavoyans in the region but also prolonging the
life of
> the case strapped Military Dictators so that they can continue their
tyranical
> rule over the people of Burma.  By discouraging Total to continue its
partnership with
> the Burmese Military Regime, you can help the people of Burma immensely and
> I do believe positively that you are in a firm position who can
alleviate the pains
> and agonies of the people of Burma.
>
> Respectfully.
>
> Nyunt Than
> 1801 Shoreline Drive #108
> Alameda CA, CA 94501
> U.S.A.

+++++++
from <mhtoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

PRESIDENT JACQUES CHIRAC
> ELYSEE PALACE
> PARIS, FRANCE
>
> Dear Mr. President,
>
> May I make a solemn appeal to you on behalf of all the people of Burma who
> are being grossly oppressed by the Burmese Military Regime for so long.  I
> believe you can see clearly how the people of Burma have gone through the
> pains and agonies under this brutal regime.  Compared to Nazi German
> occupation of France, Burmese Military Regime is far worse than the Nazi
> soldiers.
>
> To make way for Total Energy Company's construction of gas pipe line, many
> villagers in southern Burma were forced to relocate without compansation,
> many were and are conscripted as forced laborers, many have been tortureed,
> raped and killed.  Many villages have been razed to the ground.  There is no
> single Government in the world today that institutionally and systematically
> enslave its own people, but the Burmese Military regime.
>
> As Total have joint venture with the Burmese Military Regime, Total is most
> responsible not only for the sufferings of the Burmese indigenous people of
> Mons, Karens, and the Tavoyans in the region but also prolonging the life of
> the cash strapped Military Dictators so that they can continue their
> tyranical rule over the people of Burma.  By discouraging Total to continue
> its partnership with the Burmese Military Regime, you can help the people of
> Burma immensely and I do believe positively that you are in a firm position
> who can alleviate the pains and agonies of the people of Burma.
>
> Respectfully.
>
> Myat Htoo
> 965 Chesterfield Lane
> Danville, CA 94506
> U.S.A.

++++++

there are many more but this should help you help all of us
together.again i would like to thank all of you with all my strength and
heart who have already voiced their participation.