WPD SLOGANS, SEPTEMBER 1989

--=====================_10325025==_.ALT

In September 1989 the political slogans across the bottom of each front page of
"The Working People's Daily" were:

Sept. 1,21: The Myanmar firmly believe in the independent and active foreign
policy.

Sept. 2,25: No fear have we Myanmars of any threat or intimidation.

Sept. 3,26: Never shall we Myanmars have our heads turned by flattery, blarney
or blandishment.

Sept. 4,27: We Myanmars are ones not softened by every placating gesture.

Sept. 5,20: The Myanmar people are intense in their patriotism and will not
tolerate bullying and domination of any kind.

Sept. 6,19: Myanmar Naing-Ngan will always respect the territorial integrity
and national sovereignty of other nations.

Sept. 7: Myanmar Naing-Ngan will never commit any kind of aggression against
any nation.

Sept. 8,18: Myanmar Naing-Ngan will not interfere in the internal affairs of
any nation.

Sept. 9: Myanmar Naing-Ngan will always be striving for equality and mutual
benefits with every nation.

Sept. 10,22: Myanmar Naing-Ngan solves problems with other nations only by
peaceful means.

Sept. 11: The strength of Myanmar Naing-Ngan lies within.

Sept. 12:  We Myanmar brothers will march forward together with greater unity,
strength and power.

Sept. 13: Strive unitedly to ensure the perpetuity of the independence of
Myanmar Naing-Ngan.

Sept. 14: We shall all strive in unison, with might and main; for Myanmar
economic progress, world respect to gain.

Sept. 15: Internal affairs of Myanmar can only be created by the Myanmar people
themselves.

Sept. 16: Gather round ye all to strive for success in elections free and fair.

Sept. 17: There is freedom to vote for establishment of genuine democracy.

Sept. 24: Every Myanmar cherishes his own country and his own race.

Sept. 28: Democracy cannot be constructed by committing criminal offences.

Sept. 29: Only the democracy suitable for the Myanmars is the desire of the
people and free and fair election is the real desire of the people.

Sept. 30: Prevalence of law and order is the essential key to free and fair
election.

Internet ProLink PC User

--=====================_10325025==_.ALT

across the bottom of each front page of &quot;The Working People's
Daily&quot; were: <br>
Sept. 1,21: The Myanmar firmly believe in the independent and active
foreign policy.<br>
Sept. 2,25: No fear have we Myanmars of any threat or intimidation.<br>
Sept. 3,26: Never shall we Myanmars have our heads turned by flattery,
blarney or blandishment.<br>
Sept. 4,27: We Myanmars are ones not softened by every placating
gesture.<br>
Sept. 5,20: The Myanmar people are intense in their patriotism and will
not tolerate bullying and domination of any kind.<br>
Sept. 6,19: Myanmar Naing-Ngan will always respect the territorial
integrity and national sovereignty of other nations.<br>
Sept. 7: Myanmar Naing-Ngan will never commit any kind of aggression
against any nation.<br>
Sept. 8,18: Myanmar Naing-Ngan will not interfere in the internal affairs
of any nation.<br>
Sept. 9: Myanmar Naing-Ngan will always be striving for equality and
mutual benefits with every nation.<br>
Sept. 10,22: Myanmar Naing-Ngan solves problems with other nations only
by peaceful means.<br>
Sept. 11: The strength of Myanmar Naing-Ngan lies within.<br>
Sept. 12:&nbsp; We Myanmar brothers will march forward together with
greater unity, strength and power.<br>
Sept. 13: Strive unitedly to ensure the perpetuity of the independence of
Myanmar Naing-Ngan.<br>
Sept. 14: We shall all strive in unison, with might and main; for Myanmar
economic progress, world respect to gain.<br>
Sept. 15: Internal affairs of Myanmar can only be created by the Myanmar
people themselves.<br>
Sept. 16: Gather round ye all to strive for success in elections free and
fair.<br>
Sept. 17: There is freedom to vote for establishment of genuine
democracy.<br>
Sept. 24: Every Myanmar cherishes his own country and his own race.<br>
Sept. 28: Democracy cannot be constructed by committing criminal
offences.<br>
Sept. 29: Only the democracy suitable for the Myanmars is the desire of
the people and free and fair election is the real desire of the
people.<br>
Sept. 30: Prevalence of law and order is the essential key to free and
fair election.<br>