ASEAN , A NUISANCE TO THE ASIA PACI (r)

Subject: Re:ASEAN , A NUISANCE TO THE ASIA PACIFIC REGION

Dear Mr Hiranprueck,
                                         I can understand your feelings and
reaction to my article. But what I really wanted to say was ASEAN should get
rid of its status quo policies and prescribe new policies that practically
work out to influence the Burmese situation and Indonesian situation.
Non-interference policies are beneficial only for the ruliong class when
there is a conflict. When there's a conflict, the ruling class defeats the
ruled class inhumanely. Burma could have been free from military
dictatorship if ASEAN denied Burma into the organisation. Now that ASEAN is
being used by the military brasshats to be able to hold on to power without
the will and the consent of the people because ASEAN is now supporting the
military regime with blind faith.Is constructive engagement by ASEAN working
to influence the Burmese situation? Obviously not!Since ASEAN admitted Burma
into the organisation as a member, human rights situations in Burma have
been worsening. Is there anything you still want to disagree with me?

Sincerely,

Julien Moe