[burmanet2-l] Jailed Briton's paren

Subject: Re: [burmanet2-l] Jailed Briton's parents meet Burmese Envoy

I had a friend once kidnapped by the police in chile, and ransomed. It
cost the family a lot, and was a backdoor diplomatic incident to get him
out since the family had top connections to the US republican party, the
CIA and several US presidents dating back to the turn of the century. So
he was ransomed. In the end I think they busted him out and whisked him
back to safety. The family never talks about it nor does the kid now a
young family man.

I just wonder how much the Burmese generals are going to try to bleed
this family for her daughter's bravery. If the generals were wise, which
they are not, they would have quietly settled this affair, instead of
blowing it up. Now, it may even be too late for them to ask for anything
from the family, but you now, they will, greedy theives can't resist
stealing. Its their nature. It would be too odd and out of character for
them to show grace and goodwill. Again, how stark the difference between
the moral righteousness and distinguished character of Daw Aung San Suu
Kyi, and what a pitiful display of stupidity and bad conduct by the
regime. If it werent for the drugs, and partners like TOTAL and Unocal,
and the Singapore sling of money launderers, they would be out of power
by now. The world is sick of them and sicker for it, but people like
James and Rachael shed light on darkness and make give this nightmare a
human side showing once again that the world cares and will not be
defeated or destroyed by such sickness and ignorance. God bless them and
their families and supporters.

ds