Five Precepts(Ngar Par Thi La) Part (r)

Subject: Re: Five Precepts(Ngar Par Thi La) part 4

In a message dated 9/24/99 11:21:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
maungt@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Chris Sidoti , SPDC and Five Precepts
 When a group of Burmese and Australian students had a 1 and half hour
 meeting at Human Rights Commissioner office in Sydney on 5th of August 99,
 MR Chris Sidoti told the students  a funny story about SPDC and five
 Precepts.

 SHhhhhhh---  it is meant to be a Australian HR Commissioner gossip about the
 weird SPDC .

 He said a high ranking Foreign affair  officer ( I thought it was Win Aung
 himself)  said to him with very serious accent  (Chris was smiling!)  ' You
 know we the government leaders are Buddhists so  we obey the teaching of the
 lord Buddha and we obey the five precepts , we don't kill , we don't steal
 .
 But Mr Sidoti broke into a big laugh when a student interrupt him by saying
 ' But they lie '

 With big smile and nods CHRIS SIDOTI AGREED THAT SPDC LIES !!!

 I hope you enjoy my joke from a true story. SPDC should know that even Chris
 Sidoti knows well about them.

 ( I certify this story is true and correct before the international
 participants of this Burmanet )

 MMT in Sydney

 One of the student in the meeting with Chris Sidoti, Aus HR Com.

I remember the words of ThabeikEine Sayadaw regarding Buddhism when we were
in India. Sayadaw said, "Buddhism is the religion not to pray, not to worship
but just to practice".

Now I feel as some activists are saying like, "Buddhism is the religion not
to practice, but just to find faults with others."

If I am mistaken and if you don't mean that way pls forgive me.

Okkar