Lack of support within the Burma de

Subject: Lack of support within the Burma democracy movement

--------------6A76685CC516387505242BDD

Dear friends,

since over two years I'm now active for the Burma democracy movement.
Since over one year I organized my work in the Burma Group Tübingen.
My power to keep working is particular because I have a family who lives
in Burma and a wife which strongly want to return to Burma.

But slowly I run out of power, but not because the Burmese junta is to
strong, no, in opposite, they are weaker than ever before. But instead
of using this situation to press the Burmese government, what are the
Burma Groups are doing? They are fighting each other and never support
each other.

A billion small groups are ineffective, one big brings the junta to be
afraid. Long time the Burma Group Tübingen tries to organize itself with
other groups, but we are permanently excluded from meetings, moreover we
are esp. in Germany ignored. They say we didn't achieved something which
makes us interesting to co-operate. Of course we can not achieve
something. All my work I need to pay from my own pocket. I'm student and
my wife is housewife.

An example: there was a meeting in Berlin. Announced to me as Burmese
exiles meeting. A list of persons which are participating in this
meeting I didn't got, also any agenda. But even then we organized to
within a very short time a trip to Berlin (we are in the south-west of
Germany and Berlin is north-east, 700 km distance). So we arrived. First
the meeting was conducted only in Burmese language, so that I left after
the first break. My wife stayed inside up to the end.
I had no chance to participate in the meeting and to express my point of
view, but at least I tried to get contacts. We also asked for support
for our group. Finally we left Berlin with the understanding, that this
was more than useless for us. My wives consequence was to boycott any
higher level meetings as long as our group is so much ignored.
I cannot completely agree with this consequence of my wife, but if i
cast a view in our groups money pocket, I see, that it is better to
avoid such meetings.
Up to today we got no more response of none of the participants.

My work is limited on my mental power. So I published a lot of analyses
in nternet and translated worthy German newspaper articles to English.
Okay, my analyses are in German, but even the Germans ignore it
commentless. My homepage stays permanently unvisited (resp. the most
referers come from a Paper Money site, which linked my page because of
my Burmese bank note collection on my site).

Moreover I need to hear, that we even get no more invitations to
european meetings. Meanwhile I think often how our movement can get
strong, if even between us is so much ignorance. Burma is not a
international hot topic. Burma is also not Tibet, so at least we should
organize all our groups and we should not count on who has more funding
and who has more done for Burma.

Is it really neccessary to ignore the smaller (funded) groups until they
quit their work for Burma?
I cannot quit my work on Burma, because my family is affected, but it
makes me every day more sad to have no e-mails, an empty mailbox and no
response on my work.

Regards
Heiko
--
+================== Burma Group Tuebingen ==================+
| Heiko Schaefer                  | heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     |

begin:vcard
n:Schäfer;Heiko
tel;work:++49 (70 71) 55 25 54
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.burmagroup.de/
org:Burma Group Tübingen
adr:;;Beim Herbstenhof 42;Tübingen;;72076;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Vorstand
x-mozilla-cpt:;-17728