FAC-ABFSU.

Statement 9/99

According to the decision of Foreign Affairs Committee meeting at 25 Sep
1999, we ,All Burma Federation of Student Unions, dismiss Ko Aung Moe Win
as an member of Foreign Affairs Committee, ABFSU.

To attend the seminar of exile democratic forces led by Civil Society for
Burma in June 1999 at USA, We, FAC-ABFSU, chose Ko Aung Moe Win going to
attend the seminar. We also fed him with the facts to discuss there and an
agenda to speak others about

We chose him to just only attend the seminar led by Civil Society for Burma
and not for other cases and other meetings. He also promised the FAC that
he would surely return to the Committee base and also the FAC pressured him
to return to the Committee base as soon as the seminar would finish.

However, without the decisions and outlook of the Committee, he published
and distributed some booklets and papers at the seminar. We heard he also
spoke about other cases without our views. In addition, he didn't implement
any works or any discussion as the responsiblities of FAC-ABFSU.

Then he refrained from contacting the Committee base and he attempted to
apply for asylum with the US government. As soon as we became aware of
this, we didn't accept his attempts for asylum, and we tried to contact
him. Then according to the meeting of 10 August 1999, we informed him to
come back to the Committee base before 24 Sep 1999.

But he didn't reply and come back on the due date. So we have removed him
as a member from the Committee according to the decision of the whole
committee.

Therefore, we will not recommend for his political activities in the future
and we have no link with him. Also his speech and his stand is not the
stand and views of Foreign Affairs Committee, ABFSU.

According to the decision of the meeting,

Foreign Affairs Committee.
All Burma Federation of Student Unions.
25 September, 1999.