Myanmar authorities raid money sell (r)

Subject: Re: Myanmar authorities raid money sellers as currency falls (AFP)

the latest statistics here in paris, (Le Figaro, sept 27 1999, Bourse
section) states Asian experts as saying that the economic slowdown or
"crise" if it comes this winter will not be their fault. We are two
years past the run on the Thai currency, Asian markets are  now
experiencing a 72% high rate of growth; since august 98, the South
Korean market is up 295%, Malaysia up 196%, Thailand up 183%, and
Indonesia up 158%. This Asian sector accounts for some 20 percent of the
world economy and only 5% of its capitalisation. Microsoft in India,
Dell in Taiwan...

The brillant economists of the generals have missed out again, keeping
Burma out of the economic boom. While they go bankrupt, their neighbors
thrive. How embarrassing can it be. These guys got no shame whatsoever.
Talk about evil, they incarnate it!  ds