(Kein Betreff)

Being within the inner circle (of an elite family) from Burma, I never fully
understood why anyone would want to hold on to power that much.

They know it will never be permanent.  There is even a Burmese proverb that
power is just like tide, what goes up must comes down.  They complain that
all they want to do is retire and practice religion because it is quite
stressful under their jobs.

The West clearly wants to ease sanction as well as forgoing some debts - all
they have to do is negotiate some sort of political solution with ASSK.

Some of you will remember that it was KN himself who met with ASSK while she
was under house-arrest.

Then again, there are other factors.  It is now as easy as it looks as some
of you have suspected.  Being in power is not that easy.  There is a power
struggle and challenge every day.

Some of them are quite intelligent and I am sure that they will eventually
realize that it is not worth it.

If they were smart enough, one of them would defect to the West and write a
tell-all book about the top brass family.  All the resentments and fractions
between....

If I were them, I would be much smarter than how they are now.  Much
smarter.....

Thanks for reading this!