latest news on the hostage crisis.

latest news on the hostage crisis
***************************************

By Julien Moe
1st October 1999

The hostage takers have said they will kill the hostages if demands for a
helicopter is not met.The hostage crisis has been taking place since Friday
evening. The hostage takers' political wing in Australia released the
following statement on the Net.

 Media Release for Action at Burmese Embassy in Bangkok
September 23, 1999

The military junta brutally oppressed the demostration and massacred
thousands of people and again seized the power on the September 18, 1988
to establish the State Law and Order Restoration Council (SLORC).

11 years after nationwide democracy uprising Burma still remains under
the oppressive military regime and the people are denied democracy and
human rights.

The State Peace and Development Council- same as SLORC continue to
refuse to recognize the Committee Representing People Parliament (CRPP).

We are showing our action to all international governments, communities
and organizations especially military junta in Burma to realize that
this is the way out of political changing in Burma.

We Vigorous  Burmese Students Warriors are doing our movement for our
Burmese people who are still living under the military ruling in Burma.
We declare that our action is not intended to break international laws
and  national laws.  Also we are not concerned with all other Burmese
Student Organizations, Burmese opposition groups and International Burma
Support Groups which are working inside and outside of Burma.  This
action is our own movement and own ideas.

We have already been involved in the democracy movements since September
1988 until now.  We have already decided to do to drive SLORC out of
Burma.
Therefore we are ready to pay our lives in this action unless we do not
get our demands.
We demanded to military junta in Burma,
n to Unconditional and immediate release of all political prisoners
n Enter into meaningful dialogue with CRPP (Committee Representing
Peoples Parliament)
n To convene the people parliament to become the Coalition Government
with CRPP
If SPDC would not follow our demands, those are fully responsible for
all consequences of this action.
Vigorous Burmese Students Warriors