FMASA Press Release regarding the r

Subject: FMASA Press Release regarding the raid on Burmese Embassy in  Bangkok

FMASA Press Release regarding the raid on Burmese Embassy in Bangkok

FMASA strongly affirms that the raid on the Burmese Embassy in Thailand was
of no concern or doing of ours.   We are a non-violent, democratic group,
committed to working through political means to bringing democracy and human
rights back to our beloved homeland, Burma.

However, we also sincerely believe that the raiders, calling themselves
"Vigorous Burmese Student Warriors," never intended to commit any violence.
We believe they are patriotic Burmese students, not terrorists.  The only
Burmese terrorists now are the SPDC/SLORC, the military junta that
terrorizes the whole country.

We of FMASA are relieved to learn that the take-over of the Burmese Embassy
has been peacefully and successfully resolved.  We congratulate the Thai
government, most especially those officials who showed their personal
courage, for bringing this matter to a safe and sane conclusion.

FMASA urge Thai authorities to understand the real cause of the embassy
take-over.  The Burmese people have chosen democracy for themselves, both by
shedding their blood when gunned down by the military in 1988 and by casting
their ballots in a brave, overwhelming vote for freedom from oppression.  We
hope that Thailand will understand that the Burmese students who have taken
shelter in their country represent the hopes and aspirations of ordinary
Burmese people.

We of FMASA reiterate that we are committed to actively pursuing human
rights and democacy in our homeland by entirely non-violent, peaceful means.
May democracy return soon to Burma.

Central Committee
Former Members' Association of Student Army
http://www2.gol.com/users/brelief/Index.htm