The Role of UN (r)

Read Khin Maung Oo's comments again, and you will see that pushing the UN to act is a strategy, not a statement of fact.

We must encourage the UN to rise to its duty and its glory.  Its past failures to do so do not mean that it cannot and will not improve in the future.

I dont care that Burmese work there.  I imagine that the Indonesian clerks and typists at the UN are also related to the Suharto regime,. but they dont seem to be able to shut down the East Timor operation.

You will see a lot of these "SPDC" Burmese start to forget that they ever had any friends in the junta, once the dictatorship begins to crumble.  How much loyalty will the SPDC command without their loaded guns?

We certainly have more of a chance to influence the behavior of UN than we do the SPDC, who seem to require physical beatings before they will listen.  (See "S.H.A.N.: Angry 'Khin Nyunt' Ordered Sealing of Border", S. Wansai, today's mail)

It is correct, useful, and noble to work with the UN on this.  Or did you have some other strategy in mind?

By the way, about duplicate e-mails on your computer: everyone gets them.  Why dont you filter them out if it bothers you to delete them?