Freedom of Speech on Burmanet

Dear DS, JM, NiNi, and others:

Dont you all think its a bit premature to put DASSK in the same category as the Thai King, OF WHOM NO ILL MAY BE SPOKEN, UNDER THAI LAW?

Whereas the Thai King Bhumipol (and a very fine late 20th century king he is, too) has no direct partisan political duties or authority, our "queenly" DASSK is the general secretary of a very partisan political group, called NLD.

While I personally admire (perhaps "worship" would not be too strong a word) our Daw Suu, I think we would do her, and the democratic principles (which include freedom of speech and press) that she personally represents, a DISSERVICE, if we did not openly discuss her statements and actions, in the light of what we understand to be useful for the promotion of THE PRACTICE OF DEMOCRACY in Burma and around the world (which I assume is the purpose of all of us being here).

If I am wrong on any of these assumptions, please correct me, and then book me a seat on the next flight to Mars, along with Heiko, because somehow I have been sent to the wrong f-(expletive deleted)-g planet.

Indiana John