Van:  Trevor Edmond [SMTP:treved@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Verzonden:  zondag 10 oktober 1999 9:20
CC:  Burma Net News
Onderwerp:  Re: www.myanmarmade.com

Serious questions arise out of this bit of information.
1.    "Is it possible for a Burmese business to register a domain name
without the consent of SLORC/SPDC?"
2.    "If they have consent then are they in collusion with SLORC/SPDC?"

3.    "How does this relate to DASSK's call for economic sanctions?"
4.    "Is there a need to boycott or isolate all Myanmar web sites?"

Web sites are set up with an invitation to anyone to enter and be
influenced by its contents and character.  There are many sites I loathe
to enter.  SLORC/SPDC's site is one of them. I once visited, I must
confess, but left in disgust very quickly. We discourage and boycott
tourism to Burma because it benefits SLORC/SPDC economically and
politically. (I know that there is a debate around this) We can do the
same in cyber space!!  So don't go there, even out of curiosity.  Maybe
its time to compile a list of sites we can boycott, including those that
trade or deal with SLORC/SPDC.
te