Burma will be a "Democracy" (r)

At 4:32 AM on 11-10-99 Vum Son wrote:
----------

> What do we prefer, Chinese, Indian, or
> European with their real names or in
> their Burmese names?  Looking at the
> elite including the present SPDC
> members, many of them would have family
> names of Chinese or Indians if there are
> less European names such a David Abel.
> Actually the Union of Burma would be a
> prosperous country if all citizens and
> all people living in in the union are
> comfortable with their names.

Good point, Vum Son.  However it may of interest to note that neither David
nor Abel are European names originally, but rather Asian!   Both come from
the Hebrew scriptures and have Semitic roots.

lmportant to add, perhaps, that in a democracy people need to be
comfortable not just with their names, but the colour of their skin, their
racial roots, their mother language, their religious profession.

ES