No backdown on the bully.

--------------C58E42C3BF7D26C63B31EE4B

STAND UP FOR YOUR NATION,THAILAND!

THE MILITARY OF MYANMAR IS BULLYING ON THAILAND.
IF WE LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THAT THIS TIME,WHERE IS IT GOING TO END?

THAILAND! THIS IS THE TIME.
GET UP FOR YOURSELF!
STAND UP FOR YOUR PEOPLE AND FIGHT FOR YOUR NATION!

SINCERELY

PANYOMA/SYD

CCT wrote:

> [...]
> reveal the MP's name.
> ''My Khunying [wife] doesn't go abroad looking for logging concessions
> and I have never travelled abroad to request for any kind of
> concessions for myself or for her,'' Surin said.
> Though Surin did not name names, it was understood that he was
> referring to the wife of Gen Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, leader of the NAP.
> She allegedly was linked to attempts to seek a number of logging and
> fisheries concessions by the Burmese military government during
> Chavalit's various stints in the army and afterwards. Chavalit has
> close personal connections with the Burmese military junta.
> Surin's statement infuriated the opposition, whose members demanded
> that the foreign minister retract his statement.
> Speaking on his way back to Nakhon Phanom, Chavalit urged Thailand to
> understand the feelings of the Burmese, who had been hurt by the
> incident, and not to call them dictators every time a dispute
> surfaced.
> Chavalit blamed Rangoon's anger on the Thai government's inconsistency
> in the handling of the hostage crisis. ''You can not call them [the
> captors] democratic student activists, after all, the circumstances
> already pointed to them as terrorists,'' he said.
> The Nap leader said the government had to do its utmost to restore
> bilateral ties since being Thailand's neighbour was a permanent, not
> temporary, arrangement with Burma.
> He said Thailand's chronic problems with Burma had resulted from the
> government's lack of understanding of its neighbour. ''I don't
> understand why we had so many problems with Burma, unlike China or
> India, who also share long borders with Burma but still manage to
> maintain good relations with it,'' he said.
> Meanwhile, Gen Mongkhol Ampornpisit, supreme commander of the armed
> forces, ordered all troops along the border to keep an eye out for the
> five dissidents who had stormed the Burmese Embassy early this month,
> and arrest them on sight.
> Mongkhol said he had told troops stationed along the border to seek
> information on the whereabouts of the five.
> The Army's 1st and 3rd Regions, as well as Navy's 4th and 9th Fleets,
> have been ordered to sharpen surveillance efforts amid reports that
> Burma had dispatched army units to the border areas following the
> hostage crisis, which ended after Thailand agreed to provide a safe
> passage for the armed men.
> Recalling the 25-hour ordeal, police chief Gen Pracha Promnok revealed
> to reporters that he had been caught in a tight situation -- he had to
> find ways to end the siege as soon as possible, without risking the
> lives of the Burmese diplomats who were being held against their will.
>
> Pracha said he had received a fax from the Burmese police chief asking
> Thai authorities to ensure the safety of the diplomats.
> He showed it to Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai, who made it clear that
> the crisis should be solved through negotiations that had to be

<HTML>
<FONT SIZE=+2>STAND UP FOR YOUR NATION,THAILAND!</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>THE MILITARY OF MYANMAR IS BULLYING ON THAILAND.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>IF WE LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THAT THIS TIME,WHERE IS
IT GOING TO END?</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>THAILAND! THIS IS THE TIME.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>GET UP FOR YOURSELF!</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+1>STAND UP FOR YOUR PEOPLE AND FIGHT FOR YOUR NATION!</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>SINCERELY</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+1>PANYOMA/SYD</FONT>

<P>CCT wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<B><FONT SIZE=+2>Thai-Burmese tensions kick-start
clash in Parliament</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>THE growing tensions between Thailand
and Burma were taken to the Parliamentary floor yesterday as opposition
lawmakers accused the government of not being competent enough to bring
the bilateral dispute to an end.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Opposition MPs from the New Aspiration
Party slammed Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai and Foreign Minister Surin Pitsuwan,
accusing them of mishandling the dispute, but they offered no real solution
of their own.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>The fact that Thai fishermen were
still being kept out of Burmese waters was testimony to the government's
failure to solve the problem, the lawmakers said.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>They criticised Surin, who cited diplomatic
sensitivity for conducting the session behind the closed doors, for not
allowing the debate to be broadcast so the public could decide for themselves.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Tension between Thailand and Burma
erupted in the past week with the latter accusing Thai authorities of handling
the recent hostage crisis at the Burmese Embassy with ''kid gloves''.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Moreover, Burma's generals were irked
by the statement by Interior Minister Sanan Kachornprasart that the five
hostage-takers were just ''students fighting for democracy''. Rangoon ordered
its border with Thailand shut and cancelled all fishing concessions given
to Thai fishermen. Cross-border trade and fisheries industry had been at
a standstill since then.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Yesterday's debate strayed off at
a tangent with opposition accusing Surin of lacking vision and following
the footsteps of big powerful countries. They said he had been using his
position to promote himself at an international forum, citing a report
saying Surin was aiming for the seat of UN secretary-general.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Surin dismissed the allegations and
took a jab at an NAP member whose wife exploited her husband's position
for financial gains. He did not reveal the MP's name.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>''My Khunying [wife] doesn't go abroad
looking for logging concessions and I have never travelled abroad to request
for any kind of concessions for myself or for her,'' Surin said.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Though Surin did not name names, it
was understood that he was referring to the wife of Gen Chavalit Yongchaiyudh,
leader of the NAP. She allegedly was linked to attempts to seek a number
of logging and fisheries concessions by the Burmese military government
during Chavalit's various stints in the army and afterwards. Chavalit has
close personal connections with the Burmese military junta.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Surin's statement infuriated the opposition,
whose members demanded that the foreign minister retract his statement.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Speaking on his way back to Nakhon
Phanom, Chavalit urged Thailand to understand the feelings of the Burmese,
who had been hurt by the incident, and not to call them dictators every
time a dispute surfaced.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Chavalit blamed Rangoon's anger on
the Thai government's inconsistency in the handling of the hostage crisis.
''You can not call them [the captors] democratic student activists, after
all, the circumstances already pointed to them as terrorists,'' he said.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>The Nap leader said the government
had to do its utmost to restore bilateral ties since being Thailand's neighbour
was a permanent, not temporary, arrangement with Burma.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>He said Thailand's chronic problems
with Burma had resulted from the government's lack of understanding of
its neighbour. ''I don't understand why we had so many problems with Burma,
unlike China or India, who also share long borders with Burma but still
manage to maintain good relations with it,'' he said.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Meanwhile, Gen Mongkhol Ampornpisit,
supreme commander of the armed forces, ordered all troops along the border
to keep an eye out for the five dissidents who had stormed the Burmese
Embassy early this month, and arrest them on sight.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Mongkhol said he had told troops stationed
along the border to seek information on the whereabouts of the five.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>The Army's 1st and 3rd Regions, as
well as Navy's 4th and 9th Fleets, have been ordered to sharpen surveillance
efforts amid reports that Burma had dispatched army units to the border
areas following the hostage crisis, which ended after Thailand agreed to
provide a safe passage for the armed men.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Recalling the 25-hour ordeal, police
chief Gen Pracha Promnok revealed to reporters that he had been caught
in a tight situation -- he had to find ways to end the siege as soon as
possible, without risking the lives of the Burmese diplomats who were being
held against their will.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>Pracha said he had received a fax
from the Burmese police chief asking Thai authorities to ensure the safety
of the diplomats.</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="arial"><FONT SIZE=+0>He showed it to Prime Minister Chuan
Leekpai, who made it clear that the crisis should be solved through negotiations
that had to be conducted in a calm manner, he said.</FONT></FONT>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------C58E42C3BF7D26C63B31EE4B--