Bkk post - We will not bow before b

Subject: Re: Bkk post - We will not bow before bully boys

--- TIN KYI <tinkyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bangkok Post - Oct 15, 1999.
> Editorial
> We will not bow before bully boys
>

> The generals in Rangoon should be made to realise
> that there is nothing to
> be gained by worsening the relationship with
> Thailand. They have already
> turned Burma into a pariah state within the
> international community through
> their heavy-handed treatment of the pro-democracy
> movement. The only
> international forum where they are not shunned is
> Asean and this is in no
> small part due to the efforts of a Democrat-led Thai
> government which backed
> its early membership in the regional body. Now the
> junta threatens to drag
> down that organisation to its own base level.

Let me put one more comment on that the SPDC does not
care any one and any thing, in terms of nothing but
power. If the SPDC cannot use the ASEAN, it will kick
it out. That's it.

Helping by the Thai government to the SPDC in order to
become an ASEAN's member in earlier time dispite the
US and EU opposition was perfectly wrong choice.

The SPDC knows exactly who will win in this game. By
exploiting Burmese natural resources to improve one's
economy alone is in fact the SPDC gets upper hands.

=====