[burmanet2-l] Re: Declaration conde

Subject: Re: [burmanet2-l] Re: Declaration condemning forcible entryinto and  looting ofMyanmar Embassy

I don't really expect to get sensible answers from okkar on these
matters.  We
all know why this mis-information has to be put out by the regime.
Where there
is no freedom of the press and when all official information is not
independently
verifiable we can never trust it.  Control of information is a powerful
and necessary
instrument of totalitarian regimes.  okkar cannot help h-im/er self.
Giving the public international phone connections and allowing
uncensored
messages would make it very difficult for SPDC's propaganda machine.
They know
it. We know it. Whether they price it prohibitively or punish ownership
or the use of
faxes/computers, is a moot point.
Having said that, I just had information that some very simple but
creative ideas
have been put into practice to take "real" information to the people of
Burma.

Okkar, you are doing the best you can - given that you have a job to do.
This is
the best that SPDC can offer.
Nyi Nyi Lwin and Htun Aung Gyaw - thanks for providing the real
information that
is a challenge to okkar.  Its not the best dialogue possible but given
the
circumstances and the character involved it is at least something.
te

--
Trevor Edmond
139 Trafalgar St., STANMORE.  NSW 2048 AUSTRALIA