Land Mines on the Border (r)

List of Signatories to the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction.  There are 133 signatories (and 64 ratifications).
> You can also see it on http://www.mines.gc.ca/english/treaty/intro.htm

----------
Van:  Soe Than [SMTP:c04061998@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Verzonden:  woensdag 20 oktober 1999 18:55
Aan:  burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp:  Land Mines on the Border

Does anyone have any information or statistics on how much mine the Burmese
army has laid as well as the various ethnic groups?

I saw it on the news that one of this majestic BIG elephant's legs - blown
into pieces and this poor elephant was in real pain.

Perhaps we should write a letter campaign to Queen Nora.