To whom it may confuse! (Correction

Subject: Re: To whom it may confuse! (Correction)

Thank you OKKARS for your reply to suantak's posting.  It is good to
know that
somebody is ensuring that complaints are getting through to the
authorities in
Rangoon. Looks like you have a very important role to play in the
reporting of
accidents or more appropriately "incidents" to the Authorities in
Rangoon.  It is
good to know that they are keen to remedy the situation, rediculous as
it might
seem for news to travel around the world before it gets to them.
For you to state that  they cannot know what is happening around the
country
indicates  the failure of the command chain throughout the country and
that the
total authority is given to the commanders of the local divisions.
Maybe that is
why there is no rule of law and no justice for the people in the
country.  Now
that you are relaying the messages of terrible deeds in the countryside
to the
authorities I, and many others will be waiting to hear what they have to

say.

But coming back to other important things:  There are happenings in
Rangoon
itself to which there has never been any adequate responses from the
"Authorities".  The slaughter of so many students in Rangoon, not only
in 1988
but also before that.  What about the 1990 elections that were won by
the NLD
party.  What about all the obstruction, arrests, summary sentencing,
midnight
raids, torture and jailing of elected representives belonging to the NLD

and
supporters of NLD.  What was done to them and what continues to be done
to them
is so similar to what the TNI and the militias did to the East Timorese
who voted
for independence.  I wonder who taught whom.  We would like answers to
these
questions and for them to have any credibility they will have to be very

congruent.  There needs to be independent investigators to verify the
answers.

I wish I could find reassurance in your statement that there is no
policy to
repress any religion or any race.  But the reports of intimidation,
abuse and
arrests are so consistent with systematic and strategic themes that it
is hard to
believe there is no knowledge of it at the top.  I appreciate your
concession
that there are good people and bad people in every organisation.  I
agree with
you wholeheartedly.  I am, and there must be many people around who are
looking
for the good people in the SPDC so that we can sit down to negotiations
for the
future of freedom and democracy in Burma.  But, like you say,
there
are bad people in SPDC who do not want this to take place.  It is good
to get
this message from, as the saying goes, "the horse's mouth".

I am very curious and I wonder a lot about your reasons for being on
Burmanet -
"to solve the problems" and to "narrow down the misunderstandings
between the
groups."  This puts you in a very high position of authority.  The SPDC
is not
very popular at home or abroad and there is the danger that the things
you do on
Burmanet point overwhelmingly to you being used as a propaganda
instrument and an
apologist for the SPDC.  There is a credibility gap staring one in the
face and
you may have to do something about it if you are to be taken seriously.
It's not
nice for you to be treated with ridicule and contempt.

te