To: burmanews@xxxxxxxxx, "Burma Net-l @igc.apc.org"
<burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>,        burmanet2-@xxxxxxxx
Subject: NOTE: Who is the United States to the World
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:15:20 -0400
>From owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx Mon Oct 25 10:20:20 1999
Sender: owner-burmanet-l@xxxxxxx

Quote from Samuel R. Berger's speach
OCT 22, 1999, M2 Communications

"It is quite an experience travelling around the world with the
President of the United States. America is still special for most people
in the world - a symbol of hope and resolve for those struggling to be
free, to be at peace, or simply to have their voices heard. If you were
to ask Jose Ramos Horta of East Timor what role America plays in the
world; or John Hume of Northern Ireland, or Aung San Suu Kyi of Burma,
or any Kosovar refugee, central European democrat, Israeli or
Palestinian campaigner for peace, you would get one answer: America has
and must continue to lead. If we disappoint, it's usually not from doing
too much, but too little. "