Protest against Thai govt's forced (r)

Subject: Protest against Thai govt's forced deportation

Dear Friends,

An urgent protest against the Thai govt is being organised by All Burma
Students Democratic
Organisation ( Austraila ) to call for immediate halt to forced deportation
of Burmese workers refugees back to the Burma from Thailand. Recently, The
arrest , raids , large scale crack down occuring in many parts of Thailand
partcularly Maesod area forcing innocent Burmese from various background to
suffer under
brutality of Burmese and Thai miliatry . First-hand accounts reporting  the
rape , torture ,murder, kidnapping , deaths are taking place  by the Burmese
and Thai security forces at the border area. at least 15 women were raped
and three women were drown in the border river. There are also five Burmese
political prisoners still under indefinite detention in Special Detention
Center ( Bangkok) over a year .

'The strong protest will stage outside Thai embassy in Canberra , capital of
Australia, in order to demand Thai govt to treat all Burmese poeple taking
refuge as their own people ', said Maung Maung Than , general secretary of
ABSDO.

'Those innocent Burmese had to flee Burma and residing in Thailand  because
of the brutal Burmese
military junta still denying the restoration of democracy through elected
People's Parliament of 1990 elections.As a good neighbor Thailand should
extend a great care to them not forcing them to
deaths ,' he went on to say.

International community is strongly urged to stage protests outside Thai
embassies around the world to stop this human tragedy.
The protest will  kick off at 1:00 pm outside Thai consulate at 111 Empire
circuit,Yaralumla , Canberra. On Wednesday 17th Novenber 1999. This action
is supported by Resistance ( If your organisation ( from any country)  want
to add in the supporting list , please contact us, ASAP.

For Media contact Maung Maung Than , General Secretary , All Burma Students
Democratic Org. ( Aus)

Canberra organisers Ye Moe ( ABSDO) 0262472078 , Nick ( resistance)
0262472424
ABSDO National office 0296435015
Homepage www.absdo.com