What is a meaning of dignity?

Direct quoted from Win Aung's interview by Time

TIME: Do you understand that there is great impatience at the length of time
you're taking to turn over the power to another government?

Win Aung: The U.N. came here because of the [human rights] resolution.
That's why the De Soto was here, and of course it has a mandate, and it
would like to see things improved. We did not pretend that we have achieved
a democracy and everything is perfect. We did not say that. But what we
are trying to do is solve the problems in a human way, as much as possible
in a humanitarian way. .....

Htun Aung Gyaw:    SPDC is trying to solve the problems in a human way such
as pushed back its own people who were deported from the Thai-side at gun
point.  Many were drowned.  Many people including women and children are
hiding in the maleria infested jungle without food and medicine.  Who are
they? The are Burmese people.  It is a kind of humantarian way.  We are
facing the regime which has no ethics and morality at all.