Burma: Give Me Liberty or Give Me D

Subject: Burma: Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death?

more info: http://www.student.ipfw.edu/~soem01/updatednews/Historical.htm
               http://www.student.ipfw.edu/~soem01
Historical Forces Sharping Burma Tremendously
Burma: Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death?

Studying history does not means merely arranging events in chronological
order;
it means developing and understanding of the impact of societal forces on
countries. Studying history is a way to achieve strategic thinking, see the
big
picture, and improve conceptual skills. We will start by examining how social,
political, and economic forces have influenced Burma.

Social forces in Burma refer to those aspects of a culture that guide and
influence relationships among the Burmese people. What do people value? What
do
people need? What are the standards of behavior among people? Why family life
but with a difference? What are the standards of living comparing with other
countries? How can we provide hope for a happier and brighter future for the
next generatrion?These forces drive and shape what is known as the social
contract which refers to the unwritten, common rules and perceptions about
relationships among people. In fact, we need to look at and keep in track what
are other people in around the world doing, and what should we change on time.
Those internal and external social forces are driving Burma tremendously to
obtain a radical change. Here is tremendous demand from people, how to
supply?

Political forces include basic assumptions underlying the political system,
such as the desirability of self-government, property rights, contract rights,
the definition of justic, and the determination of innocence or guilt of
crime,
the definition of freedom and the legal-political environment in Burma . In
this study, political instability includes riots, revolution, civil disorders,
frequent change in power holders, unbalance of power, and injustic rules and
laws in Burma, and those political forces are driving Burma face continued
instibility. It increases uncertainty. Political winds are shifting rapidly,
and often dangerously. The greatest threat of violence is in Burma
experiencing
political upheaval.

 Economic forces in Burma pertain to the availability, production, and
distribution of resources in society. How to allocate the scarce resources?
How
to improve technological innovation with which to increase resource
availability? People donâ??t want to wear longyi every day, they want to wear
Leviâ??s. People want to drink pepsi, our kids have no dolls to play in ground
and house, our childrend need standard education, civilian family need basic
needs, new young generation need their career advancement. Those facts and
reasons are tremendous demand in Burma, how to supply?

Those historical forces are asking power holders in Burma whether restructure
or Die?

Burma: Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death?

Msoe
Indiana University
Burma Study Group