believe it or not.... (r)

--------------E84B7FAAE34A3B86FE0643D8

Dear Maung Yoe,

you know that the junta has a lot of clever thinkers. They know, if
there is a democratic or even a pseudo-democratic process in the
country, so long there is nothing to worry. The junta has another ally -
the civil war in Burma. So they have a reason to behave like drafting a
constitution which takes years. I want to recommend the book "The Lady"
by Barbara Victor. She describes her meeting with a handful of people
from the National Convention. I also agree totally with her analysis of
the process of drafting the constitution.

The USA constitution is strong, because it is flexible. I. e. there
exists the constitution court which prooves every change or update in
the constitution if it "bites" the idea of the constitution. This makes
it so strong. It is never old-fashioned, but it never gives up it
principles.

Metta
Heiko

--
+================== Burma Group Tuebingen ==================+
| Heiko Schaefer                  | heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     |

begin:vcard
n:Schäfer;Heiko
tel;home:++49 (70 71) 55 25 54
tel;work:++49 (70 71) 55 25 54
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.burmagroup.de/
org:Burma Group Tübingen (BGT);Headquarter
adr:;;Beim Herbstenhof 42;Tübingen;;72076;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:EC-Member
note:International Group for Freedom, Peace and Democracy in Burma
x-mozilla-cpt:;-16544
fn:Heiko Schäfer
end:vcard

--------------E84B7FAAE34A3B86FE0643D8--