Seattle Free Burma activist speak t

Subject: Seattle Free Burma activist speak to Time

Following is the pieces of report found on Time latest  December 13 issue
which carries the words of Larry . Cheers to Larry andall  Free Burma
activists in Seattle protest .

" the big companies had their way completely. Now we have raised the profile
of this issue, and we're not going back." says Larry Dohrs, an activist with
Seattle Chapter of Free Burma Coalition:" Strong majorities of American
voters support basic labor rights and environmental provisions in trade
agreements. Its simple."

Dohrs' Burma group mobilized against the WTO in part to advance the right of
states and localities to boycott companies that do business in Burma, now
called Myanmar, which is one of Asia's most saw toothed dictatorships. But
the U.S State Department sees such boycotts as a violation of federal
sovereignty and free trade.