AUST.FED.POLICE TO BE STATIONED IN (r)

Subject: AUST.FED.POLICE TO BE STATIONED IN BURMA

What is this  now, part of an international antidrug strategy a la
americans. Why not send in French legionnaires too? The australians are
sending the wrong signal to the Burmese people and tothe world by
authorizing a paramilitary support of the Rangoon junta. It shows their
weakness of dealing with the drug problem within their own borders. It
sends British-Australian  military-styled detachements INSIDE Burma.
This is a major setback to the freedom movement, and shows also the
junta's inablility to deal with the drug problem because they ARE the
drug problem. Why cannot their 400 000 man army handle the problem?
Because the generals and military officers control and regulate the drug
problem. They are using the Australians to do their extermination work.
The Burmese leaders may finally have realized that to get foreign funds,
with their treasury under 50 million dollars of reserves, that they have
to do something radical to change, but this is the most stupid thing I
have yet to see come out of the Austalian foreign office.

Compared to the attempt last February to host the Interpol conference in
Rangoon with international support of drug trafficking, now the
Australians declare they are going in. Remember, the Australians were
one of the few western powers to attend that February conference and
defy the Interpol boycott...and this is what they planned to do since
then.