No Subject Given

<bold><underline>The Truth

</underline></bold>

The below news is the evidence of SPDC is creating the new educated
military elite class.  While civilian colleges and universities were
closed, SPDC runs its own medical and engineering schools.  It is sad to
see them as self centered bullshits.  How many doctors and engineers they
can produce per year?  Is that enought for the army and the country?  If
it is enough for the army, how about the people health?  They really do
not care about it.

What a shame?

Regards

Htun Aung Gyaw

1. Graduation of first intake at Defence Services Institute of Medicine

Senior General Than Shwe gives guidance to guidance to safeguard Three
Main

National Causes In Union spirit door to peace is kept open at all time

YANGON, 17 Dec-The Graduation Ceremony of the First Intake of the Defence

Services Institute of Medicine was held at the DSIM Parade Ground here
this

morning, with an address delivered by Defence Services Commander-in-Chief

Senior General Than Shwe. First, Senior General Than Shwe?s graduating
cadets

marched past the Defence Services Commander-in-Chief.

Afterwards, the Senior General presented Aungsitthi Award and Excellence
in

Training Award to Cadet Thant Lwin San and Excellence in Study Award to
Cadet

Aung Moe Myint.

Then, the Senior General Than Shwe delivered an address.He said:

Today is the graduation day of the First Intake of the Defence Services

Institute of Medicine. Having graduated after studying science and
medical

subjects at the Defence Services Institute of Medicine, you, Comrades are

be assigned duties of the medical profession in the Tatmadaw. Just as a

historic milestone is to be erected today for the nation, and Tatmadaw

because you have, rough many years, acquired knowledge and success, it is

also a day when new strength is infused On such an auspicious occasion, I

will solemnly tell you what I have to say.

The aim of establishing the Defence Services Institute o f Medicine is to
see

to ,the birth of medical officers with physical and moral prowess
required in

the national armed forces which will safeguard Our Three Main National
Cause

non- disintegration of the Union non disintegration of national
solidarity

and perpetuation of sovereignty. The Defence Services Institute of
Medicine,

in keeping with that aim, has fully imbued in you military knowledge up

the senior Officer level, and, has also seen that you graduate with
medical

knowledge at a level as high as other institutes of medicine.

In conclusion, I would like to say that you are the first batch of young

intellectual medical leaders born of the Defence Service Institute of

Medicine. Just as the world today is making progress all-round with the

passage of time, medicine is also making unbelievable strides. Modern and

sophisticated medical equipment are also making strides likewise.
Therefore,

you, Comrades must-

-Live up to be exemplary individually and continually study the changes
in

medicine, in keeping with the times,

-Strive for better progress and success applying theory have learned at
the

Defence Services Institute of Medicine in practice to emerge as good sons
who

will uphold the honour of the Institute,

-Strive to uphold the noble traditions of the Tatmadaw and conduct
yourselves

befitting good leadership qualities,

Strive to combine the theory you have acquired with practice and
experience

and play a part in building and peaceful, modern and developed new

nation,Specially innovate, invent and nurture the habit of studying, not

content with what you have learned thus far and aim at appearing for and

passing post-graduate courses and,

-Not forget the time you have passed at the institute and utilizing your

experience, and while serving your country your and your Tatmadaw, strive

be ?Valiant doctors? victorious soldier?. With this I conclude.

Then, the Senior left the venue of graduation ceremony. After the
ceremony,

the Senior General cordially met two award-winning cadets gather with
their

parents at die assembly hall of the Defence Services Institute of
Medicine.

Excerpts from Senior General Than Shwe?s address

-For total defence of the developed and modern new nation, a ?strong and

capable Tatmadaw?? is indispensable.

-Medical servicemen must be imbued with the five virtues interest,
goodwill,

compassion, sacrifice and example.

-It is because of the Tatmadaw?s good discipline from the time it was

established to date that it is able to remain strong.

-Although our Tatmadaw is designated as Tatmadaw (Army, Navy, Air)
according

to the nature of duties, it is the one Tatmadaw in entirety in national

defence.

-Union Spirit is the spirit that binds together all citizens who are
under

the National Flag in which ever part of the nation they may reside.

-If agricultural mechanization succeeds, there will be food sufficiency
and

while we strive towards that, we must also strive for
industrialization.

-Tatmadawmen are prepared for the worst, and, whatever the danger we have

confront, we have chosen how to tackle what at which stage.

-Tatmadaw is working together with the people for national development in
the

various parts of the country with oneness of mind.

-As young leaders you must possess good character and conduct and good

attitude.