Burma's Independent Day (r)

Dear All

Today is 52nd anniversary of Burma independent day, it is just a
remembrance day for what our forefather had sacrificed for freedom.

After more than half century of independence from colonial ruled, we people
of Burma have seen nothing but more and more suppression and suffering. The
progress of the nation within this time span is ZERO, the nation economy,
education and social system are deteriorating day by day, As the result the
moral of entire nation have effected.

Burma is the only nation on earth where it people are not enjoying and
happy on it independent day because it means nothing under current military
rules. People of Burma feel sad rather than happy because they are not able
to enjoy and see the fruit of what their forefather have sacrificed for
freedom.

Under current military rule the rights and freedom of ethnic minorities
seems far beyond one could imagined. The suppression of freedom in Burma
has come to the extend that most of it citizen have hardly have time to
think of freedom but for their daily needs and survival.

We people of Burma in this generation are quite unfortunate finding our
self worse than our forefather,in term of freedom and privileges, whom
proud of Burma as a golden land and a leading nation in Asia.

We, K.S.O, call upon all people of Burma to stand up against the Military
Junta and restore freedom   , pride and novel ambitions in Burma.

Karen Solidarity Organization.