condolence on the death of B. Kya O

Subject: condolence on the death of B. Kya Oo

We, the members of NLD/LA (western region) are in deep grievance on hearing
the death of Benjamin Kya Oo who had expired in Chiangmai at 2:34 a.m. on
the  morning of January 9th, 2000.

Benjamin Kya Oo, age 60, had been the Chairman of LNDO (Lahu National
Development Organization), Secretary General of LDF ( Lahu Democratic
Front) and Deputy in Foreign Affairs of NDF ( National Democratic Front
).He is one of the leaders who fight for human right and democracy.

The loss of Benjamin Kya Oo is also a great loss for the Lahu people as
well as the struggle for the Democratic and Federal Union in Burma.

We, NLD/LA(WR), also share the grievance with his family and the Lahu people.
May his soul rest in peace.
Excutive Committee
NLD/LA(WR)