Mizzima: Burmese children visited A

--------------A76C42306869C0132021CF56

            Burmese children visited American School in Delhi

New Delhi April 30, 2001
Mizzima News Group (www.mizzima.com)

Burmese refugee children spent time together with some of their
counterparts from the American school in New Delhi last Saturday. At the
invitation of the Amnesty Club of American Embassy School, more than 70
Burmese children, 5 to 13 years old, spent a day at the school by
playing sports, games, drawing and singing.

?Our children need friends in India. I am glad to see all of them
playing happily and enjoying themselves in the American school. We thank
the school for this interaction?, said Van Kip Thang, joint coordinator
of the Burma Community Resource Center (BCRC), which organized the
programme.

This is the second time that the American school children have
interacted with the Burmese refugee children in New Delhi. Last
December, a group of American school students visited the Burmese
refugees in Vikas Puri and celebrated the Christmas together.

?The interaction with the Burmese refugee children is one initiative of
the school?s Amnesty Club. We hope to organize similar interactive
programs in future as well", said a teacher of the school.

Nearly one thousand students from 54 countries from kindergarten to 12th
Grade are studying at the American Embassy School.

About one hundred and fifty children from Burma are currently living in
Delhi. Most of them came together along with their parents when they
left Burma due to military oppression in their motherland.

--------------A76C42306869C0132021CF56

of their counterparts from the American school in New Delhi last Saturday.
At the invitation of the Amnesty Club of American Embassy School, more
than 70 Burmese children, 5 to 13 years old, spent a day at the school
by playing sports, games, drawing and singing.</font>
all of them playing happily and enjoying themselves in the American school.
We thank the school for this interaction?, said Van Kip Thang, joint coordinator
of the Burma Community Resource Center (BCRC), which organized the programme.</font>
have interacted with the Burmese refugee children in New Delhi. Last December,
a group of American school students visited the Burmese refugees in Vikas
Puri and celebrated the Christmas together.</font>
one initiative of the school?s Amnesty Club. We hope to organize similar
interactive programs in future as well", said a teacher of the school.</font>
to 12th Grade are studying at the American Embassy School.</font>
living in Delhi. Most of them came together along with their parents when
they left Burma due to military oppression in their motherland.</font>

--------------A76C42306869C0132021CF56--