Burma News in Malaysia (r)

--0-126581595-990626748=:76062

Meeting on commercial crime

By The Star newspaper in Malaysia.

VIENTIANE: Commercial crime cases, forged travel documents and fake credit cards will top the agenda as the police chiefs of Asean countries meet here today.

The Malaysian delegation to the three-day 21st Asean Chief of Police Conference, led by Deputy Inspector General of Police Datuk Mohd Jamil Johari, comprised experienced commercial crimes and anti-narcotic officers.
"We need to discuss in depth and detail on how best we can effectively combat these menace," he said in an interview.
Other chiefs of police attending the conference that will be opened by Laos Interior Minister Maj Gen Asang Laoly will be from Brunei, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Phillipines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.