Mizzima: Community organizers from

--------------47E70E4EE7A510CCF21DD355

         Community organizers from SE Asia gather at Bali Island

Mizzima News (www.mizzima.com)

Bali (Indonesia), Oct. 19: Community organizers from South East Asian
region are gathering at Bali Island in Indonesia to share experiences
and develop new community organizing methods. Total 23 community
organizers working on women, youth, HIV/AIDS, farmers, fish workers and
rural poor community from eight South East Asian countries including
Burma are participating at the gathering. The other countries are
Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, East Timor, Philippines and
Indonesia.

Malaysia-based South East Asia Coalition for Popular Communication
Program (CPCP) and Indonesia?s environmental organization WIFNU jointly
organize the gathering which is being held from 14 to 21 October.

?This is a gathering of community organizers who have at least six year
experiences in their respective field. We share the experiences each
other and learn the new community development methods. We can use many
of these experiences and methods in our human rights education work in
Burma?, said Aung Myo Min who is representing the Human Rights Education
Institute of Burma (HREIB) at the gathering. The Thailand-based HREIB
has been administering and facilitating a number of human rights
education trainings for the Burma pro-democracy activists in exile.

?There is a strong connection between human rights organizations in the
region and Burma?s human rights education work. We arrange Internship
Exchange Programs in the region and develop new programs using popular
education in community organizing?, he added. The participants visited
an eco-tourist site in the Island yesterday and practiced the
community-organizing skills.

This is the second time that community organizers from the region are
meeting to share experiences and develop the facilitating methods
relevant to their works. The first meeting was held in Malaysia last
year.

--------------47E70E4EE7A510CCF21DD355

organizers from South East Asian region are gathering at Bali Island in
Indonesia to share experiences and develop new community organizing methods.
Total 23 community organizers working on women, youth, HIV/AIDS, farmers,
fish workers and rural poor community from eight South East Asian countries
including Burma are participating at the gathering. The other countries
are Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, East Timor, Philippines and
Indonesia.</font>
Program (CPCP) and Indonesia?s environmental organization WIFNU jointly
organize the gathering which is being held from 14 to 21 October.</font>
at least six year experiences in their respective field. We share the experiences
each other and learn the new community development methods. We can use
many of these experiences and methods in our human rights education work
in Burma?, said Aung Myo Min who is representing the Human Rights Education
Institute of Burma (HREIB) at the gathering. The Thailand-based HREIB has
been administering and facilitating a number of human rights education
trainings for the Burma pro-democracy activists in exile.</font>
in the region and Burma?s human rights education work. We arrange Internship
Exchange Programs in the region and develop new programs using popular
education in community organizing?, he added. The participants visited
an eco-tourist site in the Island yesterday and practiced the community-organizing
skills.</font>
the region are meeting to share experiences and develop the facilitating
methods relevant to their works. The first meeting was held in Malaysia
last year.</font>

--------------47E70E4EE7A510CCF21DD355--